Treat yourself and your Mum to a pedicure for Mother’s Day!
Relax side-by-side with your Mum this Mother’s Day while enjoying our special Fabulous Feet Pedicure package for two. It’s an act of pure bliss – sinking into a comfortable chair and letting an expert therapist rub and melt away the tension in your feet.
Rhona Duffy from Malahide recently enjoyed a Fabulous Feet Pedicure at the Buff Day Spa, and here’s what she had to say about it.
Having never had a pedicure before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m delighted to say that it was sheer heaven! My lovely therapist Alison greeted me warmly, ushered me onto a comfortable chair and started off with a soak of my feet. Alison asked me if the water was too hot, which it was, so she added more cold water until it was just right. I sat back with a magazine and relaxed while my feet soaked away.
Next up, Alison dried my feet and set to work on my cuticles, applying cream on them first and then pushing them down. This was followed by a skin rub that removed all my dry skin. Next was the most heavenly foot masque – I was wondering what Alison was doing when she came towards me with two plastic bags, but all became clear when she smothered my feet and calves in a luxurious cream, popped them into the bags, and then into warmed ‘bootees’ for about 10 minutes. Bliss!
After drying my feet, Alison rubbed my tension away with a beautiful, relaxing foot and calve massage. And then it was my most significant decision of the day – what colour polish to go for! I opted for a lovely coral colour, which Alison expertly applied. Suffice it to say, my feet now look and feel fantastic! If you’re looking for some pampering, this is the place to go!
Our Fabulous Feet Pedicures for €80! Call Celyse at 01-6774624 to book.
Top tips for taking care of your feet every day
• Give your feet thorough soaping every day. Getting them wet in a shower is not enough to prevent bacteria and fungi and foot odour!
• Whenever they get wet, make sure to dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes, to prevent bacteria from having a place to hang out.
• Exfoliate – get rid of the dry skin with a pumice stone.
• Moisturize your skin smooth and soft, avoiding the area between your toes.
• Regularly trim your toenails straight across to avoid pesky ingrown nails.
• Keep the blood flowing to your feet by putting them up when you’re sitting, and avoid crossing your legs for long periods of time.
• Be more active – move more by walking, dancing, swimming, or whatever you love to do!
• Alternate your shoes every day so that the pair that you wore yesterday have a chance to breathe and air before you wear them again.
• Wear comfortable shoes (most of the time anyway!) Your feet will thank you for it!