Surprisingly, pumpkins aren’t just a Halloween decoration or an ingredient in a hearty soup; they’re the perfect ingredient for glowing skin! With this winters’s cold and windy weather, our skin is in need of a treat.
Five Main Benefits of Pumpkin:
- It’s packed with fruit enzymes and AHAs, which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- It has antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- Pumpkin seeds are filled with zinc, which helps with acne. It can control the hormone levels and oil production, and aids the healing of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for an oily skin.
- The seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain the good barrier function of the skin.
- The molecular structure of pumpkin is small, meaning it can penetrate deeper into the skin. This will help to treat a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.
Which of our products contain pumpkin?
Dermalogica Extreme C is a serum that can be used as a spot treatment or mixed with your prescribed Dermalogica Moisturizer. For spot treatment, put a small amount onto fingertip and press against your skin, while blending over areas of pigmentation or uneven skin tone. As an all-over treatment, mix a pea-sized amount into prescribed Dermalogica Moisturizer and apply to entire face and throat.
Dermalogica Powerfoliant is a two-part powder and liquid exfoliator, which when mixed together gives the skin a fresh look, concentrating on brightening. Used after cleansing, dispense 5-6 drops directly onto the face and neck, avoiding eye area, and gently massage over the skin until absorbed. Allow to activate for 2 to 3 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Dermalogica Pure Light SPF30 is a daily moisturiser to keep skin protected against sun damage. Apply evenly and liberally to face, throat and neck, preferably 30 minutes prior to sun exposure.
Dermalogica Pure Night is the night cream in the ChromaWhite range. Apply to entire face, throat and neck, concentrating on areas of dryness. This nourishing night time cream helps to brighten for a more even skin tone.
When should Pumpkin be avoided?
Anyone with a pumpkin allergy should avoid products containing the ingredient. And because pumpkin is so active and stimulating, it may not be a viable option for clients with highly sensitive skin, sunburn, cracked heels, or open cuts.